Holy Trinity Parish in Westmont, Illinois, administered by the Resurrectionists only since 2011, celebrates its 75th Jubilee this year. The calendar year of 2013 has been celebrated with many special celebrations including the Jubilee Banquet on Saturday, October 19, 2013, where Pastor Fr. Mike Danek, C.R. welcomed many parishioners as well as fellow Resurrectionists. The 75th Anniversary Mass with the Ordinary, Bishop R. Daniel Conlon, presiding, was celebrated on Saturday, November 23, 2013.
On Palm Sunday in 1938, Holy Trinity was designated as a parish with 130 registered families. Population growth grew steadily at Holy Trinity Parish as DuPage County became incorporated into the Diocese of Joliet in 1949. A parochial school began in 1950. Four different church structures have been part of the rich spiritual history of the parish with the important renovation of a wing of the school building into the Sacred Heart Eucharistic Adoration Chapel in November of 2008 and extensive renovation to the church in 2010. Today there are 1440 registered families and an estimated additional 400 families not registered.
Posted on Oct 2013,