On Wednesday, February 25, 2015 at the Centrum Resurrectionis in Krakow, Poland, the Polish Province held their 10th International Conference in the series, "Spirituality of Polish Convents: Message and Communication". This year's symposium was entitled: "Do not bend everything under one form... Resurrectionists -- toward the spiritual rebirth of society". The conference, organized in conjunction with the John Paul II Pontifical University in Krakow, was presented bilingually --in the English and Polish languages-- for the first time, including presenters from Poland, Canada, United States and Hungary. Since 2011 the symposium has formed part of the formation meetings of the parish pastors and local house superiors of the Polish Province of Resurrectionists; and this year participants at the conference included Resurrectionist, Albertine and Immaculate Conception Sisters as well as several lay people.
Resurrectionists responsible for the organization of the conference included Fr. Wojciech Mleczko, C.R., Ph.D., who also presented one of the papers, and moderators of the sessions Frs. Stefan Koperek, C.R. and Dariusz Tabor, C.R. The presenters included Fr. James Donohue, C.R., Ph.D., of the Ontario-Kentucky Province, chair of the Theology Department at Mount St. Mary University in Emmitsburg, Maryland, USA, and Fr. Paul Sims, C.R., Ph.D., of the USA Province, Professor at Concordia University of Chicago, USA.
This conference has a special relevance this year as a commemoration of the 175th Anniversary of the death of the Founder, Bogdan Jański, who died on July 2, 1840, in Rome. As a prelude to the Symposium itself, a solemn Eucharist was celebrated in the seminary chapel, presided by Auxiliary Bishop of Krakow, Most Rev. Grzegorz Ryś, who also delivered a homily focused on Resurrectionist spirituality in the season of Lent. Thanks to the arrangements of Polish Provincial Fr. Wiesław Spiewak, the group also celebrated Mass in the vast chapel in the Wieliczka salt mine, a short distance from the seminary, and also at the Benedictine abbey at Tyniec.
Posted on Mar 2015, by J. Gibson CR, Rome