On Easter Sunday, March 27, 1842, seven men walked from the heart of Rome to the catacombs of St. Sebastian on the edge of the city, where they celebrated the Mass and professed the religious vows of poverty, chastity and obedience. The rule they decided to live by had been composed by Fr. Peter Semenenko, who had finished writing the thirty-three paragraphs the day before, Holy Saturday. Fr. Peter was chosen as the first superior of the congregation, and the group was moved by divine providence to call themselves the "Brothers of the Resurrection". The group of young men had been sent to Rome by Bogdan Jański, who guided the community from its birth in Paris in 1836 until his death in 1840. The year 2017 marks 175 years since that first consecration of the brothers as vowed religious in the Church.
Posted on Mar 2017,